Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy 1 Gallon Beer Recipe Kit
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- Also available in 5 Gallon Extract Kit
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
"Not much is more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of fresh lemonade, or for that matter, a cold, lower ABV American Wheat Beer. Brewers have known this to be a great combination for a long time, and it is high time for a recipe kit featuring this classic combination. The base beer is a simple American Wheat with moderately low bitterness and then it is dosed with real, all natural, preservative-free crystallized lemon. Not to be confused with lemonade mixes or soft drink mixes, the crystallized lemon in this recipe is just that -- lemon. Since the crystallized lemon contains no sugar, the beer gets a delicious dose of lemonade flavor without adding additional fermentables that could lead to a renewed fermentation or possible over-carbonation in the bottle. Give this one a whirl, it is truly a refreshing treat even for the biggest of hop heads."
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Nice flavor, good and crisp
I will know how it tastes the middle of this month, but it looks pretty good now.
still in process didnt know that was suppose to refridgerate the yeast hope it still works 1/29/2020 day number 3 fermenting
Enjoyed this batch. Made this for something light and refreshing.
Perfect on a warm summer day. If you’re a big wheat beer fan, you’ll love this brew!