Duck Duck Gose Extract Beer Recipe Kit
- Style: German Ale
- Fermentation Range: 60-65F
- Original Gravity: 1.047
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 12
- ABV: 4.6%
- Aroma: Soft wheat malt nose with layers of subtle citrus fruit and faint biscuit. No hop aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden in color with moderate haze. Firm and lasting bright white foam head.
- Flavor: Complex flavors of fresh bread, noticeable saltiness, moderate to firm sourness, citrus undertones and low bitterness.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with a lingering acidic sensation and smooth finish.
Recipe kit includes Omega Yeast Lactobacillus Blend
“The Gose style goes back hundreds of years, and nearly went completely extinct. Leave it to modern craft brewers to resurrect the style and see it flourish - it seems that I see more and more Gose releases by the week. So, here we are with our own. Sour, salty, citrusy and fruity, Duck Duck Gose is actually a rather complex beer. Kettle souring the wort imparts a delicious tart underpinning to the beer, while salt, coriander and a modest bittering hop addition create layers of flavors that perfectly play along with the wheat-based grain bill. The relatively modest ABV makes this recipe a real thirst quencher, and you can have a few, run around the circle and take a seat again before the alcohol catches up with you.
Fun (odd?) fact - Did you know that Minnesotans call the game “Duck Duck Goose” “Duck Duck Grey Duck”? I don’t get it… bunch of weirdos up here.”
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||Wheat Beer, German Ale|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
I have been making beer for many years and have to say that this sour is one of my all time favorites. Sours are not for everyone but this style is less sour than many I have tried. Very refreshing on a hot summer day
This kit would be even better if you added something to the kit to help lower ph faster. I use calcium chloride to do that. Thanks for this kit. I hope to see more Gose and kettle sours in the future
Very good instructions, looks like it’s coming along nicely